Education Progress Initiatives is very happy to connect with friends of Kisimani this year 2021 in supporting ongoing teacher training and mentorship to Kisimani Primary School. We hope our partnership will grow longer and bring measurable impact to students, teachers and parents. Thank you so much Leah, we hope to
UPCOMING PROJECT -ALET PROGRAM
Active Learning and Teaching (ALET) Is the program which improve equal and quality inclusive education in marginalized public primary schools in Mara region-Tanzania mainland.
Active learning and teaching program started as an ideas after bearing in mind that, more than 55% of children in my classrooms were not active in learning while 45% of teachers teach traditionally in their class. Active learning stands in contrast to traditional modes of instruction in Tanzania primary schools in which students are passive recipients of knowledge from an expert and expelled children with special needs in learning context due to environment difficulties.
- To equip teachers with sufficient knowledge and skills in learner centered teaching strategies (21st Century teaching techniques)
- To impact more than in 120 schools and reaching 289 teachers and impact about 13,764 students.
- To shifts teachers from traditional teaching strategies to modern teaching strategies that stretch on inclusive education.
- To integrate learning through play (LtP) to all children in marginalized public primary schools in inclusive settings.
- To conduct community capacity building and raise awareness towards inclusive education and its impact to children with special needs in community.